Thursday, June 18, 2009

Lauren's How To: Creative Bar Area Decorations

My reception hall Massimo Da Milano has a seperate room for the bar and appeitizers that I have been looking into different decoration options for. I found this picture while searching online one day and thought it set the mood for the bar area of a reception.

photo credit the knot
I didn't want to spend anymore money on my floral budget, so I decided to DIY these.
Step 1: Buy a tall cyclinder vase (bought at Flower Factory), floralytes (bought at Pat Catan's), glass beads (bought at Flower Factory), baby's breathe (bought at Giant Eagle), floating candle (bought at Pat Catan's)

Step 2: Place floralytes in the bottom of the vase. (I used three in the vase shown below)

Step 3: Place the glass beads on top of the floralytes.

Step 4: Place the baby's breathe in the vase.

Step 5: Fill the vase with water (this will weigh the babys breathe down and make it sink into the vase better)

Step 6: Place floating candle on top of water.

Final Product:

Now I just have to do a couple more and purchase some mirrors to put the vases on. Quick DIY project that really has a big impact!

No comments:

Post a Comment